KGM buys Canon's new flagship – the first machine to be put into operation in the Nordic region
On the 12ᵗʰ of May, Canon launched its fastest and most powerful printer series ever - the ColorStream 8000. Now, the first machine of the series has been sold in the Nordics. The buyer is the Swedish company KGM Datadistribution
– It is very exciting that we are first in the Nordics with this printer. Historically, we have always had a modern machine park, and this purchase will give our customers even more benefits. At the same time, it is a way to signal to the outside world that we see a bright future, says Mia Steen, CEO of KGM Datadistribution.
Due to the pandemic, no one at KGM has yet seen the printer in place nor been able to test drive it. Instead, everything has happened remotely. Not the most common conditions for an investment of this dignity.
– We already have a ColorStream installed in our facility in Sundsvall from before. We see several positive aspects with the technical advances that have been made, both in terms of quality, economics and the environment. We operate in a market where every penny count, and now we get a solution that uses less ink and produces less waste, enabling us to produce large amounts of high-quality digital prints with as little material as possible. In addition, we have experience with Canon production printers having great reliability, says Mia Steen.
At a time when everyone is talking about digitalization, there is still a great need for production. Mia Steen explains why:
– In the last year, the demand for digitization has increased, but we should consider that there is still a need for physical production. It is up to our end customers how they choose to communicate, and the important thing is that we can deliver both physical and digital flows with good quality.
Simon Brejner, Nordic Channel Director Commercial Print at Canon, explains why:
– This is our new flagship created from ten years of innovations. The ColorStream 8000 series sets a completely new standard for environments with large production volumes. Productivity has been improved by automating everything that can be automated. The printers reach completely new dimensions of quality, efficiency, and speed. This is of course particularly important for a company like KGM, with a large digital print production.
– This deal strengthens our position as the largest supplier in Sweden in transactional printing, direct mail and addressed mailings. For KGM, it gives a technological and quality advantage in the market.